This poem is reflecting on one poem line. “Eternal
nightmare”
A block away
I heard a boom
A block away
This is trouble
A block away
It’s a dark basement
My block
Is a backyard
Filled with beautiful beautiful flowers
A block away
There’s segregation
My window looks through this
Beautiful beautiful sky
Where clouds dance in tune with the wind
My window
Looks through all of this
Blocks and blocks
All the way I can see.
In this beautiful beautiful world
This poem is about a song “summer love.” I wrote how the
song represents something in my life. The song is about my friend that lives
miles away and I only can see her once a year in the summer.
Summer vacation
Represents
Jovana
The balcony
Singing out to strangers
The McDonalds milkshakes
Chocolate, strawberry
and vanilla
Summer without you
Is like
A tree without soil
A flower without petals
Or
A friend without a friend
Jovana without Amber
The next poem is about a girl named Malala Yousafzai. This
is my reaction.
One shot
One bullet
One touch of a trigger
Made her even stronger
That touch of a trigger
That day represents
Every man, every women for their own rights
Encouragement
Through the hard days
Support
Rights
Equality
“Education first”
I love all your poems! I love how you used repetition to create a story in your poem, for example "a block away", I remember you telling us the story behind that. Great job with all your poems!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Lily's comment, and I really like all of the detail. Its very intriguing
ReplyDelete