Sunday, December 15, 2013

Critical Question: if the character in your book has problems, can you see how those problems are about having or not having money, struggling with others for power, or being cheated or helped by society rules?

            In the book, "Just Breathe” by Heather Allen is about a teenage 18 year old girl, that just dumped by her boyfriend. It has been three whole years that they were dating.  She is miserable. She doesn’t know what to do. She doesn’t know if she should look at him anymore. This book has many serious topics about problems in the world and how the characters feel in the moment.
            One example is breaking up with someone. Ever, the main character just faced this problem and it isn’t going so well. She just got dumped by her boyfriend, Michael. He is a guy that everyone wants as a boyfriend. If I was her, it would feel terrible dating someone for three years and then getting dumped. It makes you think what did I do wrong? They would be millions of things that would be going in my brain for a while. “I was very hard to live with for a while, to say a least.” I could imagine the tempers some people would have in this type of situation. I would want to be alone for a bit, until I got back to normal. Especially, when you have that feeling that “he’s the one.”
            Another example would be struggling for power or being the one on the top.  After the break up, Ever just wanted to get payback and make Michael feel jealous.  Of course in the book, she thought of the idea and then the very next day she got a date with this boy named Jack. Surprisingly, it went very well. In the middle of the book, he turns out to be friends with Michael. It turns out to be a very hard decision for Ever to make. Jack is always hanging out with Michael that they is no space for Ever. She learns that she has a life and she should use it wisely as she can.   
This book teaches teens to forget about one bump in the road because everyone’s life has a bump in the road. But, you have to forget about those and just live your life.  

                

No comments:

Post a Comment